What does Accreditation mean?
What are the duties of the Accreditation Directorate?
The General Directorate of Accreditation (DPA) </ strong> is a public authority that acts as the national accreditation service in the Republic of Albania.
The DPA is subordinate to the Ministry of Finance and Economy and functions under the Law No.116 / 2014 dated 11.09.2014 “On Accreditation of Conformity Assessment Bodies in the Republic of Albania”, DCM no.667, dated 29.07.2015 – “On the Way organization and functioning of the DPA “and with the requirements of the Standard ISO / IEC 17011: 2017” Requirements for accreditation bodies accrediting conformity assessment bodies. “</ em>
Accreditation in Albania as a process has started around 1993, and has been carried out by the Accreditation sector at the General Directorate of Standardization. Commitments taken by Albania in the framework of the Stabilization and Association Agreement regarding the gradual approximation of the technical rules of the Community and the European procedures for conformity assessment, standardization, metrology and accreditation (SAA Article 75) identified as a priority the allocation of the accreditation function by the Directorate the General Standards and the establishment of the Accreditation Directorate in March 2004.
DA performs accreditation based on the following standards:
- For test / calibration laboratories in standard S SH ISO 17025 “General criteria for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories”. li>
- For medical laboratories, accreditation is based on standard S SH ISO 15189 “General criteria for the competence of medical laboratories”. li>
- For certification bodies of accreditation products is based on standard S SH EN 45011. li>
- For certification bodies of accreditation quality systems is based on standard S SH EN 45012. li>
- For certification bodies of accreditation personnel is based on standard S SH ISO 17024. li>
- For inspection bodies, accreditation is based on standard S SH EN 45004. li> Ol>